I'd like to upgrade nrf51822 QFAC custom board firmware via DFU and change SoftDevice from s110 to s130. Because of larger (than s110) size of s130 I haven't enough space for my application with current FLASH memory organization.
Current FLASH memory organization:
- s110: 0x00000 (size: 0x17000)
- application: 0x17000 (size: 0x19000)
- dfu: 0x30000 (size: 0x08000)
- bootloader: 0x3D000 (size: 0x03000)
Separate DFU and bootloader is misconception and it'll be wonderful to use BLE Secure DFU Bootloader from SDK example, but I've read this Relocating the bootloader and this Relocating Bootloader by DFU.
- Is there a way to relocate bootloader via DFU anyway (there are thousands of such devices over the world and it's impossible to update them using programmer)?
- Maybe there is a way to "shrink" BLE Secure DFU Bootloader so it'll fit 0x03000 bytes (maybe without "secure" it'll fit)?
- Could Nordic develop custom SoftDevice with bootloader start address given not from UICR.BOOTLOADERADDR?
- Any sugestions?