I was going through my notes on programming the RAYTAC MDBT40 Module and I found the following:
The device must be flashed with the correct SoftDevice, flash_s130_nrf51_2.0.1_softdevice.
It's been a long time since I had to do this, but I found how to do it in the Kiel IDE.
I did a full erase, flash of the SoftDevice, and flash of our firmware, and the device is advertising now with the correct device name of course.
The reason I did not need to flash the SoftDevice to the RAYTAC development board to make our firmware work is because they already had the SoftDevice installed to make their test code work.
I think we can consider this support request closed.
Thank-you very much for your timely response to my question.
Yes, after your last answer from Sharon I was going to suggest that. Glad to hear you solved it! Have a great day!Cheers,
Thank you again! For smaller organizations like us who do not have a large engineering department, your support is critical! Actually, the only time I had ever flashed the SoftDevice was when I flashed your development kit when I first started using it about a year ago, good thing I made some notes at that time.