I experiment connection problems on a nRF52 board with a Samsung J3 (Android 5.1).
To sort out this problem, I made some tests with the nRF52-DK (PCA10040), the Heart Rate Sensor example (ble_app_hrs) and the nRF Connect application. Here are the results:
- with the SDK 11, S132-SD-v2.0.1, the connection fail after timeout with GATT ERROR (0x85);
- with the SDK 12, S132-SD-v3.0.0, the connection fail after timeout with GATT INTERNAL ERROR (0x81) but the discovering step was initiated (without success);
- with the SDK 12, S132-SD-v3.1.0, the result is the same than with SDK 12, S132-SD-v3.0.0;
- with the SDK 13 (alpha), S132-SD-v5.0.0-1 (alpha), the result is the same than with SDK 12, S132-SD-v3.0.0.
I check the Heart Rate Sensor example with success with:
- a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 5.1.1),
- a Nexus 5 (Android 6.0.1)
- a Nexus 6P (Android 7.1.1).
I have an older project with an nRF51, SDK 8.1, S130-SD-v1.0.0 and the Samsung J3 can connect the device without problem !
I see some posts about Samsung (J1) connections problem but no one corresponds to my problem. Did you know about this regression? Does it have a solution?
I can make (almost) any test to help finding the solution!
Thanks for you help.