0

BLE_app_uart issues

milav gravatar image

asked 2017-10-10 11:48:58 +0100

updated 2017-10-11 11:15:47 +0100

main.cble_uart.hex Hello,

I use nRF5_SDK_11.0.0_89a8197 and s130_nrf51_2.0.0_softdevice configuration to test the ble_uart program.

i use nrfgo Studio to load the soft device and application in custom ble hardware.

I use nRF51822_xxAB ble chip.

i use termite as a serial terminal.

the RAM and ROM configuration... IROM1 : 0x1B000 & 0xB000 IRAM1 : 0x20002000 & 0x2000

i use nrftoolbox as a android application to test the code.


Now the problem is...

After connecting the ble device...when i send the data from Android app to UART console only one time one byte is transfer.

the second problem is when transmit the data from terminal to APP , nothing to see in app, no data are shown in application.

where is the problem?

please correct me if i am wrong..

please suggest me the right solution.

Thank You Milav

edit retag flag offensive close delete report spam

Comments

  1. What happens after you only receive one byte in your UART console?
  2. How have you configured UART in Termite? These settings work for me:

asdf

Martin Børs-Lind ( 2017-10-10 15:48:15 +0100 )editconvert to answer

After Getting one byte...the Err LED is blinking one time in Termite. than i will try to send once again but no data is showing in console. it show in BLE app log but not showing in serial terminal.

Ya i have this same configuration in serial port..but still not getting the more than one byte.

The development board is going to be in stuck mode. we will reset the board to advertise again.

milav ( 2017-10-10 16:01:05 +0100 )editconvert to answer

Are you using a custom PCB or a development kit?

Martin Børs-Lind ( 2017-10-10 16:38:47 +0100 )editconvert to answer

sorry ... A development kit...

milav ( 2017-10-10 16:44:58 +0100 )editconvert to answer

can anyone help me to resolve this issues...

i am stuck at this situation...

milav ( 2017-10-11 07:52:26 +0100 )editconvert to answer

Can you edit your original post and attach the exact .hex file that you are using?

Martin Børs-Lind ( 2017-10-11 09:32:01 +0100 )editconvert to answer

Hello i attached the hex file in main original post..

milav ( 2017-10-11 09:47:45 +0100 )editconvert to answer

Hi. I tried your hex file and I can't make it work either. Do you mind attaching your code too?

Martin Børs-Lind ( 2017-10-11 10:42:17 +0100 )editconvert to answer

ok...i added it in main post...

milav ( 2017-10-11 11:16:16 +0100 )editconvert to answer

i have tried this same ....but still it did not work.

this code is last change code..so this changes are shown in latest file.

milav ( 2017-10-11 12:19:29 +0100 )editconvert to answer

i think the code will go into stuck mode after getting first byte from phone.

second problem is.... the data receive in phone are not running.

milav ( 2017-10-11 12:27:05 +0100 )editconvert to answer

Have you debugged why you enter "stuck mode"? Please see this guide on how to debug.

Martin Børs-Lind ( 2017-10-11 12:30:51 +0100 )editconvert to answer

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0
MartinBL gravatar image

answered 2017-10-11 12:13:15 +0100

milav gravatar image

updated 2017-10-17 09:03:05 +0100

In your main file you have configured the UART like this:

const app_uart_comm_params_t comm_params =
{
    RX_PIN_NUMBER,
    TX_PIN_NUMBER,
    RTS_PIN_NUMBER,
    CTS_PIN_NUMBER,
    APP_UART_FLOW_CONTROL_ENABLED,
    false,
    UART_BAUDRATE_BAUDRATE_Baud38400
};

That baud rate and flow control doesn't match the configuration you say you have in Termite. Try to use the same settings. With the correct settings your code worked for me.

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer. Do not ask a new question or reply to an answer here.

[hide preview]

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2017-10-10 11:48:58 +0100

Seen: 47 times

Last updated: okt. 11