Problem running/debugging nRF51822 GCC example project

Hello. I'm trying to start developing with the nRF51822 Eval kit with Eclipse and ARM GCC but I ran into some problems when trying to run the ble_app_hrs_example. I've been trying to solve it for the past two days but I'm pretty much out of ideas now so any help would be appreciated.

I installed and set-up everything the way it's described in the application note and flashed SoftDevice onto the eval board. The example program compiles without errors but when I try debugging I get strange behavior - I can step into and over lines of code, but the program doesn't stop at any breakpoints I set. In fact I get the following line (in red color) in the console every time I try to set a breakpoint:

Try to add breakpoint - No source file named C.

Another problem is that after I run he debugging session for the first time, the IDE starts reporting two errors in the file main.c on lines 308 and 673 -

Symbol 'app_timer_evt_schedule' could not be resolved

and

Symbol 'ble_stack_evt_schedule' could not be resolved

respectively. Both of these are defined as inline functions in headers which are included in the project so I don't understand what is the problem. Plese let me know if you need any more info, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Parents
  • I'd like to contribute a workaround to at least one of these annoying issues, the "No source found". This is a common error, with common / simple solutions, but not in this case. Running gdb from the command line the source files are recognized, but not in the eclipse debugger.

    The workaround for this was to simply an alternate / additional source lookup path, relative to source folder, as show in the attached screenshot.

    I no longer get the "No source found" errors, and more importantly set breakpoints!

    As for the unresolved __INLINE... that's less of an issue. From quick googling it seems similar errors are known and will likely "resolve themselves" in future CDT releases.

    Capture.PNG

Reply
  • I'd like to contribute a workaround to at least one of these annoying issues, the "No source found". This is a common error, with common / simple solutions, but not in this case. Running gdb from the command line the source files are recognized, but not in the eclipse debugger.

    The workaround for this was to simply an alternate / additional source lookup path, relative to source folder, as show in the attached screenshot.

    I no longer get the "No source found" errors, and more importantly set breakpoints!

    As for the unresolved __INLINE... that's less of an issue. From quick googling it seems similar errors are known and will likely "resolve themselves" in future CDT releases.

    Capture.PNG

Children
Related