nRF_log_1.8.1.txtHello Nordic Support Team,
We are trying to run the OTA DFU on the nRF51 device via the nRF Connect iOS application V1.7.5.
The DFU Device is available, but once selecting the new FW image file, and starting the DFU process, we've got the following error message: "Abort ! DFU service not found".
This issue is always detected on different iOs versions (V9.3.5, V10.3.2 and V10.3.3).
TODAY, we've updated the nRF Connect iOS application from V1.7.5 to V1.8.0 (released yesterday 11th October); and as a magic spell the OTA DFU is now working correctly using this updated version.
But sometimes the DFU process fails even with the V1.8.0 nRF Connect version with different iOS versions.
Issue is not systematic :(
We did not find within the "What's new" section of version V1.8.0 that may explain this behaviour... Any help Please ?
PS: Issue described above is not reproduced, and the DFU process is running successfully, once using: nRF Connect on Android Application V4.13.1 and nRF Toolbox iOS application V4.4.1
Hello Nordic Support Team,
We need to get an answer back to this support request please. It's urgent :(
Any idea what’s going on?
BeST Regards, -Heisenberg-
Hi, looks like it either related to iPhone caching the device services, or that the bootloader wasn't flashed on your device (just the 'jump to bootloader srevice' in app), as the DFU button was shown in nRF Connect (when in app mode) but then DFU failed after switching to bootloader. I have no idea what else could cause this issne.
Hi, The DFU on v1.8.0 will make sure the target peripheral is connected before the DFU process starts. It hinders the error "Abort, DFU service not found" occurs.
If you encounter DFU failure, please attach a log files to us.
Please find attached the nRF_log.txt file within my first post.
BeST regards, -Heisenberg-
Thank you, I found there are two connection request are called. which cause the error. We will make a update in near future.