Hello - I have gotten blinky_example up and running in eclipse using the SDK 5.2, nan-29, and some additional google-fu.
Now when I press debug and the play button, it correctly alternates blinking LED0 and LED1. However, Eclipse does not seem to be doing source file look ups correctly when debugging. For example, when I try to place a breakpoint at one of the pin_clear() function calls in the while(1) loop the console shows the following error:
No source file named C:Nordic Semiconductor
It actually has some non-printable characters where some of the letters are missing. Also, when I press the pause button, Eclipse does not highlight a line in main.c to show me the currently executing line as I would expect.
Does anybody know what setting or property I need to fix to enable this functionality?
P.S. - One interesting thing I noticed that could potentially be related is that when I perform a build, I get the following warning (or a very similar one) for every single operation:
"C:/Program Files (x86)/GNU Tools ARM Embedded/4.8 2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy" -O ihex _build/blinky_gcc_xxaa.out _build/blinky_gcc_xxaa.hex
MS-DOS style path detected: C:\Nordic Semiconductor\nRF51 SDK_v126.96.36.199364\Nordic\nrf51822\Board\nrf6310\blinky_example\gcc
Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/Nordic Semiconductor/nRF51 SDK_v188.8.131.52364/Nordic/nrf51822/Board/nrf6310/blinky_example/gcc
CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
UPDATE: After messing around with the debug configurations, I can now place breakpoints in main.c and the program will correctly pause. For example, I can place a breakpoint in main.c:43 which is on one of the delay() statements between the pin toggles and then the program will correctly cycle through the LEDs once each time I press Go and then it will pause until I press Go again. However, it still will not highlight the current line when I press pause or when the breakpoint is hit. This is extremely annoying as any kind of more complex debugging 100% requires that functionality... any thoughts on what I have configured incorrectly? And just to be sure, has somebody gotten that functionality working with Eclipse Kepler and SDK v5.2?
Any help much appreciated, thanks.
The other interesting thing is that in my debug configuration, I have it set to put a breakpoint at main and that works. If I have that enabled when I press debug, it stops at main. If I don't have that enabled and I press debug, the LEDs just start blinking immediately. So that is clearly using a different way of finding main.c
I figured out the problem. Segger had a bug in v4.86 of the JLink software. I finally noticed a bunch of warnings in the JLink GDB Server window and found some information on Segger's forum. See discussion here: forum.segger.com/index.php
Summary: If you see this warning: "WARNING: Unknown packet received: "qXfer:threads:read::0,fff" then update the Segger software to v4.86a
That solved the problem for me and now when I press pause it correctly shows me the disassembly and highlights a line in main.c.