After installing nRFgo Studio v1.17.1 on Windows 7 64 Bit (using the administrator account), I get an error message in the Log section just when I start the program:
"JLinkARM.dll is not correctly installed. Please run the nRF Tools installer to install the newest version."
When I login as administrator and start nRFgo Studio, everything works fine and the nRF51822-DK debugger is detected successfully. When I login as a normal user, the error mentioned above appears and the debugger is not detected.
I tried installing the software on a different pc, first, everything seemed to work fine, but after I tried updating the JLink driver to a newer version (V4.94g), the same problem appeared. I deinstalled nRFgo Studio, nRFTools and all JLink drivers, rebooted, and tried to install nRFgo Studio again. But now, I even get the error message under the administrator account!
I figured out the problem: There is a registry entry for each user, pointing to the JLink installation registry. This registry entry is not updated when new JLink software is installed to a different directory. Update the following registry entry for each user that uses nRFgo Studio, and it should work:
I hope this may help anybody who has the same problem. It's sad to waste your time on such a stupid bug.
Same problem here, your solution worked. I tried multiple reinstalls and installed the newest driver from Segger, same problem. The path was also incorrect. How did you ever find this out?
Hi bart, I was just wondering where nRFgo studio might store the information about JLink. Especially as it worked on the administrator account but not on the user account when I first tried it. A common place for settings would be the registry, but there was no information about JLink stored in the Nordic / nRFgo Studio keys. So I just gave it a try and searched the whole registry for all JLink references (maybe I also searched for Segger) after uninstalling all J-Link drivers and nRFgo Studio. This is when I came across a key that pointed to an outdated install path.
Part of the problem is that these are user specific settings. So every user account could point to a different JLink version. I do not know if this is a desired feature or just a bug. If I find some time, I will also give some feedback about this issue to Segger.
thank you for your solution, that's worked!
Thank you for posting this solution, it helped me out after a lot of frustration.