I've searched around the forum and followed all the advice given in other threads but am still not having any luck.
I've tried running the nRF sniffer on both a PCA10031 and PCA10040. Both of them are seen by Wireshark and I see lots of devices advertising (our office is a noisy place for BLE ;). I select my device from the drop down list and I continue to see advertisements from other devices. When I turn on the central to form the connection I keep seeing advertisments, the sniffer does not follow the devices into the conneciton.
I'm running this on a 64-bit Windows 10 PC. I've tried both the 32 and 64-bit versions of Wireshark 2.4.6 as well as the 64-bit version of Wireshark 2.6.0. I'm running Python 2.7.14, 64-bit, I also have a 32-bit Python 2.7 installation on my machine that I swapped out on my PATH, but it didn't make any difference.
I've double-checked that the PCA's I've been trying to use as a sniffer have the Segger 6.16C firmware is installed on the PCA's I've been trying to sniff with.
I do occasionally get this error when I try to launch the sniffer from inside wireshark:
My hypothesis points at the command being sent from the nRF Sniffer plugin in Wireshark is reaching the PCA board over UART. This type of UART issue usually points to a segger jlink issue.
Can you try the attachment in this case for a possible fix, which attempts to work around the segger jlink UART issue.