My name Ilya, am from global company Rosslare -access control. i am a R&D lieder.
I have found that nRF52840 is accepted to my new project - BLE reader.
I want connect to nRF52840 a 8GB memory ( P/N:MTFC8GAKAJCN-1M) via eMMC 5.1.
1. Is nRF52840 support eMMC 5.1 ?
2. How can i connect 8GB memory ( P/N:MTFC8GAKAJCN-1M) to nRF52840 (not with SPI)?
3. In order to implement USB, i need connect USB PHY for it?
1. No. The nRF52840 does not have eMMC support, and modern eMMC devices does not work with SPI. So you cannot use eMMC memory directly from the nRF52840.
2. I do not see a easy way of doing it. Perhaps you could consider using other types of flash memory, for instance as suggested here or here?
3. The nRF52840 has an integrated USB PHY, so you do not need additional HW in order to use USB.
Unfortunately i need the eMMC communication:
a. can you suggest Nordic SOC that support eMMC and have BT solution?
b.If i will stay with nRF52840 can you please suggest below solution - marked "?"
c. Is there any future planning development SOC that - BT + eMMC?
a. I see that nRF52840 support NFC protocol. Can i use with that infrastructure to communication with smart cards (ISO/IEC 15693, ISO/IEC 14443 A, B) - Mifare Classic, iCLASS, Legic, Felica.
b. if NOT, what i need to do in order to use ISO/IEC 14443 A, B on nRF52840?
1a) Nordic does not have any SoCs with eMMC support.
1b) You need an additional eMMC controller IC in order to use eMMC memory with the nRF52840, as in your block diagram. I do not have a particular recommendation, though.
1c) I cannot comment on futures products. Please contact your regional Nordic sales representative for roadmap questions (you can PM if you don't know who that is).
2a) The nRF52840 is can only act as a NFC tag, not a reader. Therefore, it cannot communicate with smart cards, as they are also tags.
2b) You need a tag reader in order to communicate with a smart card. (The nRF5 SDK includes a tag reader example using the Adafruit PN532 NFC Shield.)