We are starting different projects around the Thingy :52. When studying the SDK and harware doc we are faced with a possibly stupid question : we have identyfied an accelerometer LIS2DH12 but in the dirvers folder of the SDK we found only a LIS3DH driver. Does that mean that we have to refer to the STMicro LIS3DH datasheet to modify the LIS2DH12 registers . Seems strange to us !! Does that mean that we have to go to another SDK version ?
Thanks for the help
Are you referring to the Thingy SDK or the regular nRF5 SDK? I would recommend downloading the Thingy:52 SDK (if you have not already done so) & taking a look at that.
We are referring to the Thingy:52 SDK
Please find hereunder :
- extract of the accel driver included in the SDK, referring to the "li3dh_types".
- extract of the Nordic Thingy :52 v2.0.0 documentation referring to the li3dh included in the same SDK.
- extract of the PCA20020 Schematics referring to the LIS2DH12 accel.
So our questions, may be stupid again, remain ;
1. does the LIS2DH12 accel mounted on the board is a "lis3dh_type" ?
2. Which datasheet is relevant to modifiy the accel registers : LIS3DH or LIS2DH12 ?
Nordic Thingy :52 v2.0.0 Extract
PCA 20020 Schematics Extract