We are starting different projects around the Thingy :52. When studying the SDK and harware doc we are faced with a possibly stupid question : we have identyfied an accelerometer LIS2DH12 but in the dirvers folder of the SDK we found only a LIS3DH driver. Does that mean that we have to refer to the STMicro LIS3DH datasheet to modify the LIS2DH12 registers . Seems strange to us !! Does that mean that we have to go to another SDK version ?
Thanks for the help
Are you referring to the Thingy SDK or the regular nRF5 SDK? I would recommend downloading the Thingy:52 SDK (if you have not already done so) & taking a look at that.
We are referring to the Thingy:52 SDK
Please find hereunder :
- extract of the accel driver included in the SDK, referring to the "li3dh_types".
- extract of the Nordic Thingy :52 v2.0.0 documentation referring to the li3dh included in the same SDK.
- extract of the PCA20020 Schematics referring to the LIS2DH12 accel.
So our questions, may be stupid again, remain ;
1. does the LIS2DH12 accel mounted on the board is a "lis3dh_type" ?
2. Which datasheet is relevant to modifiy the accel registers : LIS3DH or LIS2DH12 ?
Nordic Thingy :52 v2.0.0 Extract
PCA 20020 Schematics Extract
Very sorry for the delayed response. I am pretty certain it is a LIS2DH12 low power accelerometer, as this is clearly stated in the HW schematic that you uploaded, as well as in the code itself (e.g. see this line in m_motion_init in m_motion.c below)
static const nrf_drv_twi_config_t twi_config_lis2dh12 =
I talked to a developer of the Thingy:52 SW & we agreed that this is a typo. Whenever it says lis3dh, it should say lis2dh. Therefore, you should use the lis2dh datasheet. This issue has naturally been reported internally.
You do not need to use another SDK version.
Thank you for finding this & mentioning it to us!