I'm having some trouble displaying logs to the SES Debug Terminal... Basically, I can see the logs with RTTviewer but not in SES Debug Terminal. However printf works just fine on the SES Debug Terminal
OS: Windows 10
IDE: Segger Embedded Studio 4.16
After reading lots of posts and documentation that's what I've done so far:
1) tried many other examples and got the same problem
2) NO, I'm not using RTTviewer and SES Debug Terminal at the same time
3) On SDK_Config.h made sure that settings are:
NRF_LOG_DEFAULT_LEVEL 3 //AKA Info
4) Tried to build clean, build Debug, build Release
5) On main:
On main loop:
NRF_LOG_INFO("BSP example started.");
6) If instead of NRF_LOG_INFO I use printf the SES Debug Terminal prints my message just fine
7) If I open the SES J-Link Control Panel Window while debugging, I can see the message on the RTT tab, but still not in Debug Terminal:
8) Verified Project Debug Settings:
9) Tried changing NRF_LOG_FLUSH() to NRF_LOG_PROCESS() . No difference...
10) I also notice that something is been send to the Debug Terminal because the cursor moves to a new line every time a new NRF_LOG should be displayed.
Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?
There is an issue in the SDK, which adds \r\r\n instead of \r\n to the output message.postfix_process() wants to add \r\n, but nrf_printf() also explicitly adds \r before \n without checking if it is already present.
In ES (V4.16) this clears the current line and does a line break.
You can work around this by adding #define NRF_FPRINTF_FLAG_AUTOMATIC_CR_ON_LF_ENABLED 0 to your sdk_config.h
SEGGER - Johannes said:In ES (V4.16) this clears the current line and does a line break.
It seems this was a new feature in the Debug Viewer in SES v4.16:
So the problem didn't show up when using the Debug Viewer in earlier SES versions.
I've been having this same problem. The debug terminal has been working intermittently. But now, it hasn't been working for weeks and I can't get it to work again. I've tried all the suggestions listed in all the threads, including this one, and no luck. I am currently running:
IDE: Segger Embedded Studio 4.30 (I was running 4.18 but tried upgrading to see if it solved the problem. It didn't)
I haven't tried rolling back to an earlier version of SES because I haven't found any info that definitively states which one should work.
To be clear... The debug terminal window shows the right hand scroll bar descending down the window as if it is displaying text but the window is blank.