I'm learning how to use OTA DFU on Win10 laptop. I followed this and this guide step by step. I have a couple of questions:
1) (See below code) How to use "arm-none-eabi-gcc –version" to check GNU ARM Toolchain version, please?
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain\10 2020-q4-major\bin>arm-none-eabi-gcc -version
arm-none-eabi-gcc: error: unrecognized command-line option '-version'
arm-none-eabi-gcc: fatal error: no input files
2) I tried to run the Makefile in Windows command prompt. Strang finding: I'm using GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain\10 2020-q4-major, but the command prompt shows GNU Tools ARM Embedded/9 2019-q4-major. Why the version doesn't match? Why I have the following error, please?
D:\OneDrive - Aimwell Pty Ltd\Desktop\Aimwell\SDK_Code\external\micro-ecc\nrf52hf_armgcc\armgcc>make
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, "C:/Program Files (x86)/GNU Tools ARM Embedded/9 2019-q4-major/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" --version, ...) failed.
../../../../components/toolchain/gcc/Makefile.common:129: pipe: No error
Cannot find: 'C:/Program Files (x86)/GNU Tools ARM Embedded/9 2019-q4-major/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc'.
Please set values in: "D:/OneDrive - Aimwell Pty Ltd/Desktop/Aimwell/SDK_Code/components/toolchain/gcc/Makefile.windows"
according to the actual configuration of your system.
../../../../components/toolchain/gcc/Makefile.common:129: *** Cannot continue. Stop.
Thanks in advance!
A2)Change your configuration file(version setting) which is matched with your tool chain.
Thank you very much Henry,
1) Solved! Note: you must run command arm-none-eabi-gcc -v in the default directory in win10 command prompt (in short, cmd). I mean, just close cmd, and reopen cmd. You will be…
Yes! Congratulation. The other external libraries are the same way to build up.The test directory ...That's the test ino file Arduino format.
However the configuration file is Makefile.windows....Not…
1) Solved! Note: you must run command arm-none-eabi-gcc -v in the default directory in win10 command prompt (in short, cmd). I mean, just close cmd, and reopen cmd. You will be in the default directory.
2) Still need help, still the same problem. I have modified [SDK]\components\toolchain\gcc\Makefile.posix as follow. The version is checked and correct. I think the GNU_INSTALL_ROOT is correct? If it's not the correct method, how to change the configuration, please? Thanks!
GNU_INSTALL_ROOT = "C:/Program Files (x86)/GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain/10 2020-q4-major/bin/"
GNU_VERSION = 10.2.1
GNU_PREFIX = arm-none-eabi
However the configuration file is Makefile.windows....Not.common or .posix ....the setting is like below (My tool chain)
GNU_INSTALL_ROOT := C:/Program Files (x86)/GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain/9 2020-q2-update/bin/GNU_VERSION := 9.3.1GNU_PREFIX := arm-none-eabi
Thank you Henry!
2) Solved! Please note that no " " (double quotation mark) for the GNU_INSTALL_ROOT address.
Also, if u're using the windows system, modify the Makefile.windows file GNU_INSTALL_ROOT and GNU_VERSION.
Thanks again, Henry.