I have a nrf 52840 DK with me. I have downloaded the SDK for the mesh(v.3.2.0) and SDK (v 15.3). I am using segger embedded studio here. I have modified SDK_ROOT location as mentioned.
I am trying to flash C:\Nordic\nrf5_SDK_for_Mesh_v3.2.0_src\examples\beaconing into my Dev kit. I followed the steps in
https://infocenter.nordicsemi.com/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.nordic.infocenter.meshsdk.v3.1.0%2Fmd_doc_getting_started_how_to_run_examples.html . But once I flash my code, I am not able to see any beacon signal in my nrf mobile app or any beacon scanner application.
I am able to see the beacons (attached image of nordic mesh app) in the nRF connect app, however not in the nrf beacon or nrf mesh android app (attached image of provisioner), I am missing some steps I believe. It would be great if someone could point it out.
Thanks and Regards
By default, the beaconing example don't have PB-GATT or Proxy feature enabled so you won't be able to see it in the nRF Mesh app. As for the nRF Beacon app, are you using it on an Android phone or…
Hi, Thank you for pointing it out. I was able to fix it. Now the beacon is getting detected in nrf connect and mesh network is also being created.
I have two more questions.
1. I wanted to create a network…
1. All your node can be seen under "Network". "Groups" is for creating group addresses. You can configure your models to publish/subscribe to these groups after you created them.…
By default, the beaconing example don't have PB-GATT or Proxy feature enabled so you won't be able to see it in the nRF Mesh app. As for the nRF Beacon app, are you using it on an Android phone or an iOS device?
According to the Beaconing example:
"Outgoing beacons can be observed with nRF Connect for Desktop or nRF Connect for Mobile."
1. I wanted to create a network of mesh beacons and I wanted to see them under Groups in nrf mesh application. What would be an easy way to do it?
2. Can I create a mesh network using nrf 52840 dongle (it uses pca10059). I saw this thread
https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/f/nordic-q-a/37316/how-to-test-mesh-using-nrf52840-dongle and I was wondering where
mesh network is supported in dongle now?
1. All your node can be seen under "Network". "Groups" is for creating group addresses. You can configure your models to publish/subscribe to these groups after you created them.
2. Unfortunatly, there are still no support for the nRF52840 Dongle (PCA10059) in the Mesh SDK. You should be able to port the nRF52840 DK (PCA10056) examples to the nRF52840 Dongle(PCA100059), but it will require some work from your side. You would need to do some reconfiguration of the LED, button pins and maybe some other stuff too.
Thank you for your inputs. Now, I am able to create a mesh network in Dongle as well.
One more question, while configuring/provisioning in mobile phones, the provisioning process fails. Any article to read in-depth and understand about it would be helpful.
You can read more about GATT provisioning and Proxy here. Does it fail everytime? Have you tried debugging to check why the provisioning process fails?