Getting acknowledgement only from single node which is 1st connected
Please be more specific when asking question. You will get the support faster.
Please provide us information how you setup the nodes, if they subscribe to anything, how you send the message. What kind of message it is.
Good evening Sir,
Ok Sir. I will explain the case :
1. I have created a mesh network where I have configured 2 nodes say A and B.
2. on A node I have 2 on-off servers and set publication address 0x0001 and 0x0002. The lamp operates ok on hardware.
3. on B node I have 2 on-off servers and set publication address 0x0003 and 0x0004. The lamp operates ok on hardware.
4. I disconnect the network and again reconnect. Then Node A occurred 1st. I got connected to network.
5. I redirect to a new activity where I have given Lamp1, Lamp2, Lamp3, Lamp4 with on-off buttons.
6. While click on on/off of Lamp1 and Lamp2 then lamp1 operates at hardware and also get onMeshMessageReceived acknowledgment on which I want to show on/off status.
But when I operate Lamp3 or Lamp4, I didn't get onMeshMessageReceived acknowledgment.
7. But if I connected to node B, then it works exact opposite of point 5.
That is I got acknowledgment of Lamp4 and Lamp5 but not of Lamp1 and Lamp2 which are configured on node A.
8. My requirement is need to receive every lamp acknowledgment when connected to any node in the network.
Kindly give the solution.
Hi, Please clarify what you meant by " I disconnect the network" , "redirect" , "click on/off on Lamp1 and Lamp2" etc ? Are you talking about an app on the phone ? Which app is that ? Do you use any group address ? Is there any subscription ?
Thank you Sir for the reply.
We are using following details:
nRF Mesh App Version : 2.1.4
Android Version : 7.0
Phone Model : honor MediaPad T3, Model Number : KOB-L09
nRF5 SDK for Mesh Version: 4.0.0
Information about network :
1. I disconnect the network - It means clicked on disconnect button in nRF mesh app to disconnect the node.
2. Redirect - It means tapped on Node in network tab, it opens node configuration page, where I named elements as Lamp 1, Lamp 2 for node A and Lamp 3, Lamp 4 for node B respectively.
3. In Generic On-Off Model of Lamp 1 element, we are trying to read the state and On-Off the model.
4. We don't have assigned any group address nor subscription. We have used unicast address for publication.
From this configuration I need to receive every lamp acknowledgment when connected to any node in the network.
Please suggest us is it possible to get acknowledgment in android application?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You have 2 nodes. Each nodes has 2 elements. If you connect to node A, you can't control or read state of the elements on node B and if you connect to node B, you can't read state or control the LED on node A ?
I did a quick test here with the light switch example with no modification from the SDK, I don't see the problem. When I connect to node A, and I click ON when editing node B I can see the status updated. I do a read state and it can also show the current state of the LED on node B. Please try to test again with unmodified light switch example .