Quick question regarding the boot process of the nrf51822. If a bootloader address is written to 0x10001014, will the bootloader code always be executed, regardless of whether there is a valid image written to 0x14000?
Basically, I'm wondering if the following boot sequence is always followed after a hardware or software reset:
- SoftDevice boots
- SoftDevice initializes BLE stack
- SoftDevice checks for valid boot address at 0x10001014 if yes, goto 4 if no, SoftDevice jumps to main application image at 0x14000
- SoftDevice jumps to bootloader
- bootloader checks for valid main application image at 0x14000 if yes, goto 6 if no, bootloader sits in DFU mode
- bootloader jumps to main application image